Podcasts, Blogs, & This is my Job

by - 5:40 PM

I've taken some time off of posting to come up with a better idea of what I am doing, what I want to do, and how I will accomplish my goals. Which I had a basic idea of before, when I began posting, but it was time to rewrite and expand upon my ideas. During this time, I started reading blogs, but mostly I've been listening to podcasts. 

Two podcasts I keep coming back to, are Modern Sewciety and Elise Gets Crafty. What I've really loved about these are the interviews with different creatives, crafters, and business owners. I specifically loved Modern Sewciety's interviews with Anna Maria Horner and Amy & David Butler. I'm not always a fan of reading interviews, they feel stiff and informational but being able to hear them talk about their own work is much different from reading. Stephanie at Modern Sewciety really turns the interviews into a conversation and allows her and her guests' personalities to shine through. Elise from Elise Gets Crafty has a degree in business and brings in guests to discuss the business side of their creative careers. Elise starts off her series specifically talking about how to start a creative career. Which is exactly what I need to hear.  Find Modern Sewciety & Elise Gets Crafty podcasts on iTunes or visit their websites, below. Also, check out By Regina. Regina has TONS of blog posts dedicated to business and blogging. She shares a lot of important information from launching a blog to running a business. If you are not familiar with A Beautiful Mess, you soon will spend hours on their page. ABM has a very inspiring website covering fashion, food, home decor, and DIY. They also have a Tips page for Blogging, Photography, Business, and Happiness. 

Modern Sewciety
Elise Gets Crafty
By Regina
A Beautiful Mess

One thing that had to decide over the last few weeks was, This is My Job. This is no longer my hobby, this is my job and I will act like it is. Now I need to make this something I'm proud of. As you can see I've spent some time designing my blog pages and I now have a logo! I still have a lot of behind-the-scenes work to do, but I'm getting somewhere.

More to come soon, but in the meantime check out TheStudioOwl on Instagram to see current projects.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Comments system