Up and Running

by - 12:08 PM

I've taken a break from posting to really focus on the paperwork side of running a business. It was a lot research and somewhat confusing. Many cups of coffee and pages of reading later, I can now say I'm official! I'm very excited to now have all my paperwork complete so I can get to the more exciting part, actually running a business and creating product.

I would like to thank my favorite podcasts, Elise Gets Crafty, Being Boss, and Creating Your Own Path for hours of motivation. Since I do have a day job, it was nice to listen to these ladies at my desk while I worked. They really helped me stay on track and focus on my goals.

During this time, I participated in my first Instagram Mini Swap. I've been afraid of doing a swap, but when @SewGreen, from my local Modern Quilt Guild chapter, hosted a Texas-themed swap I couldn't resist. Hexies are currently very hot in the modern quilting world, so I knew I had to play that up in some way. So I decided to combine them with bluebonnets.

I could not be happier with the way the quilt turned out and will be making another for myself soon. I have also been preparing a pattern to release. The pattern includes written instructions and all the illustrations needed to create your own modern Texas mini quilt. Follow me here on my blog or on Instagram @TheStudioOwl for the latest updates.



The mini I received was from Nadia who lives in Alabama but was from DFW. I was so happy to receive a patchwork flag using such lovely fabrics. It now currently lives in my cube at work.




You May Also Like

0 comments

Comments system