Candy Corn Quilt

by - 7:55 PM

My husband has finished his very first quilt this month, just in time to give to his mother for her birthday. She loves candy corn, so he wanted to make her a candy corn themed quilt. Here they both are, very proud of his work. He did an amazing job!



I drew up four foundation paper piecing templates for him and taught him how to use them. He then made all the blocks on his own and I assisted him by trimming and ironing the blocks. We laid all the pieces out on the floor and decided how much space to leave in-between the blocks to make the pieces look random. Then pieced the top together.


The back of the quilt had some of Cotton and Steel's new purple Halloween Candy fabric mixed with orange and yellow scraps from the front. I should have gotten a picture of the entire back, it was fun too.

The templates I made are for sale on Craftsy as a pdf download. Let me know what you think!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Comments system